Working with Vicki at Alexian Brothers

Pete is working with the skilled staff at Alexian Brothers on a weekly basis with therapy focused on standing and walking.   In the following 2 videos, Pete is working with Vicki Surges one of his primary therapists. In this first video, Pete is moving from sitting to standing with a walker.






In this video, Pete is walking which continues to improve consistently each week.  Pete's left hip is stronger than his right hip, which continues to improve and gain strength.  He is now able to walk up to 30 feet before resting and his legs are supporting more of his body weight rather than just his arms.  While his arms still provide significant assistance, this is gradually changing with the legs strengthening and baring more and more of the weight.  Vicki assists with maintaining the supporting foot.  Occasionally she will help move the active foot forward.  This too has decreased with the increased strength that is returning.




Both Alexian Brothers and NextSteps have exceptional therapists that have been critical to Pete's continued progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, I'm thinking of you, Uncle Pete. It's amazing to think that it's been nearly a year since your accident and that you've come as far as you have. I'm proud of you and I'm inspired. I pray that your remarkable progress continues as it has ignited a sense of hope and it has shown us the strength of a family rooted in faith. I send you my best from Arizona and I look forward to the next time I see you.

-Leo